Republication Policy for Web and Print
I. Electronic media
A. Scope, a Web site run by the MIT Graduate Program in Science Writing, offers RSS feeds for syndication purposes. All Scope stories republished on third-party sites must include:
1. At the top of the story: the headline, sub-headline, author’s byline, and a citation of “Scope” that links to the original story on the Scope site;
2. At the bottom of the story: the words “Reprinted with permission of the MIT Graduate Program in Science Writing” and a link to the Scope homepage (http://scopeweb.mit.edu/);
B. Additionally, sites wishing to use accompanying multimedia content (photos, video) may do so, provided the creator is cited in the Scope caption. If no creator is cited, the multimedia content is not available for use.
II. Print media
A. Book publishers
1. Book publishers wishing to use content from Scope must first obtain permission from the MIT Graduate Program in Science Writing. Please send a request by e-mail to email@example.com, specifying which photo or article you would like to reprint and how the content will be used. Requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
B. News organizations.
1. All Scope articles republished in print must include:
a. At the top of the story: the headline, sub-headline, author’s byline, and “Scope”;
b. The words “Reprinted with permission of the MIT Graduate Program in Science Writing (http://sciwrite.mit.edu)” in the footer.
2. Images may not be reproduced without prior approval from the MIT Graduate Program in Science Writing. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.